Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pink&Green Thursday, August 26th, 2010


One of My Prince's favorite films from when he was a child, that he still a fan of today, is the Sound of Music.

(None of your friends read this blog, right, honey?)

Really, I had only ever heard the songs from the movie, until I was an adult & watched it with My Prince.

& now that our house is alive with the sound of music...

(Pretty Little Bare Feet learned all of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" a few weeks ago! She also knows bits&pieces of some other songs, & she dances&sings all the time.)

...I can't wait until a few months from now, when maybe she'll be able to enjoy this classic with us.

(At the very least, she should stop still in front of the television during the musical numbers...the Pepsi commercial featuring "One Tribe" by the Black Eyed Peas draws her from anyplace in the house to come stand mesmerized&swaying in front of the screen.)



(raindrops on roses)


(whiskers on kittens)


(bright copper kettles)
("Bright Copper Kettles" Print by My Tiny Star)


(warm woolen mittens)


(brown paper packages tied up with strings)


(a few of my favorite things)


(cream colored ponies)


(crisp apple streudels)


(doorbells, sleigh bells)


(schnitzel with noodles)


(wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings)


(a few of my favorite things)


(girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes)


(snowflakes that stay on my nose&eyelashes)


(silver white winters that melt into springs)


(a few of my favorite things)


(when the dog bites)


(when the bee stings)


(when I'm feeling sad)
(via: Babble)


(I simply remember my favorite things...)


(...& then I don't feel so bad!)

10 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! I love that movie! A great family classic.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! That really is one of the best movies- so timeless and ageless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be one of my favorite posts! So cute! I love the Sound of Music, and it's so funny that I just read this. A group of us were all out tonight, and (after a few drinks, maybe) we all sang the "So Long, Farewell" on our way out the door! haha. Weird timing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so adorably clever! "The Sound of Music" is one of my all-time favorites and ALWAYS puts me in a good mood:) I hope your weekend is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your post! I quoted Oscar Hammerstein and the Sound of Music in my Pink and Green post this week (great minds think alike)! My household loves this musical, too. I am fond of singing "Climb Every Mountain" (just like the Reverend Mother:))much to the dismay of my children! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that movie too. Not to mention all the eye candy in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good movie! When I visited Austria back in '01, I went on a Sound of Music tour, and got to see some of the places they filmed, such as the gazebo, the church where Maria gets married, etc., and got to taste warm apple streudel with vanilla icing (so good!). A funny thing I learned though, was that the mountain the von Trapps are filmed climbing at the end actually leads in Germany :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I missed the blog hop but the post was great! I loved it! Hope you had a fabulous weekend sweetie! Love ya
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there little miss, Oh My Goodness! This is hands down the SWEETEST Pink & Green Thursday post I have ever ever seen or even imagined! You are incredible, you know that? "Snowflakes that stay on my noes and eyelashes" + AMAZING picture = my favorite!! :) You never cease to amaze me Sara! xoxo Love you!

    ReplyDelete