- List seven interesting things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to seven other bloggers.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Pink&Green Thursday, May 20th, 2010
My mama just returned from one of her random little getaway trips. Luckily for all of us in the Screen Door household, my mama always does a lot of shopping on her spontaneous road trips. I had mentioned a few weeks ago that we had somehow overlooked summery pajamas in 12-months sizes, for Pretty Little Bare Feet. We have quite a few long, fleecy ones. But it has been steadily warming up, & Pretty Little Bare Feet just isn't quite big enough for her summery 18-months wardrobe.
(& her wardrobe in that size is brimming over, let me tell you!)
Anyway, my mama stopped by today with goodies for everybody, but Pretty Little Bare Feet was the clear winner of the most bounty. My mama went to a Carter's outlet store, & she brought back so many adorable outfits&pajamas that we should be set until Pretty Little Bare Feet is ready for that next size up! & knowing me as well as she does, my mama was sure to pick out a lot of
We've also been reading a lot of pink&green books lately.
Tipsy in Madras by Matt Walker & Marissa Walsh
Golf Girl's Little Tartan Book by Patricia Hannigan
Social Climbers by Beth Dunn
Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster
a Girl & Her Gator by Sean Bryan
My stationery obsession has got me itching to host
a baby shower,
...so I can order some pink&green goodies from FineStationery.
(Or maybe I should just order some new personalized stationery for my already overflowing collection of stationery.)
I thought there were some to-die-for pieces of green furniture on the C.R. Laine furniture sale on One Kings Lane.
& in case you're wondering - yes, there are in fact more pink&green beauties to be found on the C.R. Laine site!
& I'd like to say thank you to "a Southern Belle on Paper", & Juleps & Jon Jons, for honoring me with the "versatile blogger" award. These are both fabulous blogs that I've had the pleasure of following lately, & we share a lot of the same interests&tastes!
The award is green, so I am allowing myself to close this Pink&Green post with it! ;)
1. I love fishing. My pawpaw used to take me out fishing when I was a little girl, & those are some of my favorite memories with him. I also kind of love surprising the heck out of somebody (usually a man) when I bait my own hook & cast a line with ease. I am hoping that maybe My Prince is going to be able to take Pretty Little Bare Feet fishing for the first time on Memorial Day. We realize she probably won't stay interested for very long, but you never know! Sometimes she surprises us!
2. I've never lived in Mississippi, but I was born there. I'm the teensiest bit bitter that my mama drove across the state line into Mississippi to give birth to me.
Not that I don't love all of you Mississippi ladies,
but I am an Alabama belle,
& that birth certificate really interferes with my pride.
3. I just have absolutely no idea what we will name any other children that we have. I had my daughter's name picked out from the time I was a little girl, about nine years old, when I read it in a book. I am so far behind on falling in love with the perfect name if we have another child someday. This is an especially big dilemma for a baby name
dork enthusiast like me!
the Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg
4. My Prince & I grew up in the same small town, & went to the same high school. But we were not high school sweethearts. In fact, we didn't even really get to know each other until we were both off living away for college/professional school. We just both happened to be back at home hanging out with mutual friends one weekend...& well, it was looove at first sight!
5. Not only am I about to participate in a "playgroup coup," but I am also joining up with an "unofficial" book club that is branching out from my official book club. I feel like such a mommy rebel. ;)
(But can you believe I am loony enough to add a second book club to my plate? Ha!)
Playgroup Rocks Snapsuit by Glam Mom New York
6. Whenever I am traveling "back home" to the small mountain town where I grew up, the closer I get, the thicker my Southern drawl gets. I swear it is beyond my control. It will start happening before I've even gotten out of the car or spoken to anybody from there!
Southern Greeting Cards by Piecefully Home
7. I talk in my sleep. & I am really, really funny - at least according to the stories My Prince tells!
Seven blogs I'm passing this award on to:
Be sure to go check all of these fantastic blogs out for yourself!