Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dress Like a Preppy...Rock Star?

Once upon a time, I posted about compromising the seeming conflict between camouflage chic & classic preppy. Today, ponder with me whether there are easy solutions to bridging a similar divide between preppy...& punk rock!

(Hint: I think you can add one little detail from almost any trend to an otherwise classic preppy outfit, & generally pull it off well. Also, I think there is one word that edgy street stylistas & preppy fashionistas can all agree to love: glam!)





(As always, please excuse my obvious struggles with Polyvore...& idk why I can't center the images...*sigh*...)

& just for fun, a few "rock star" (ish) pieces I love, which can be subtly added to any chic classics you (or your chic little one) are already wearing every day!:










3 comments:

  1. Just love your picks, especially the first one! I adore that DvF blazer!!
    The perfect combination of the two 'looks'!
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that bright green top! i have a dress on hold at the lilly store now- i might have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PU-LEEEESE call me!!
    I am like 6 months into going crazy for what you had to tell me! LOL

    xo

    ReplyDelete